Taste Albany’s rapidly evolving culinary scene by exploring the food print of this historic city on the west bank of the Hudson River!
- Adult Ages 13+
- Child Ages 12 and under
Taste Troy’s best
Rediscover this 200-year-old gem of a city as you experience the vibrant culinary scene surrounding Troy’s year-round farmers’ market. It’s perfect for foodies, friends and family, locals, and out-of-towners.
- 5+ tastings, bites & sips – linked to Troy’s past and present.
- Discover New York’s historic connection with craft brewing and how it has returned to flourish
- Get an insider’s tour of an entire Tiffany designed church interior – on the National Historic Register!
- After exploring Troy’s downtown, have time to shop in the year round Farmer’s Market that brings local food to Troy’s restaurants and you.
- Food tastings provide enough for brunch/lunch.
- Vegetarian and gluten-free options available.
- Our tours take place in rain or shine. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes for walking.
- This tour is for all fitness levels and best for older children through adults.
- Tours run Saturdays, from May through October, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm.
- Gift certificates are available.
- There is a beer tasting and alternatives are available with advance notice.
- Free parking available in Uncle Sam’s Atrium Parking Garage.
Put on your walking shoes for an entertaining and delicious way to learn about Troy, its ups and downs, and the role food is playing in bringing this architectural gem back to life. You’ll sip and sample some New York classic flavors (often with a new twist). Of course, we will sprinkle in history, architecture, and culture to round out your perfect Saturday in the Collar City.
We meet outside our first taste stop, 275 River Street, Troy. Our Central Troy Historic District Food Tour is a leisurely 3 hour, 1.5 mile walk with frequent refreshing and informative stops along the way, so it’s suited for most ages and fitness levels. We end at the Troy Waterfront Farmer’s Market, with plenty of time for you to shop and explore the 80+ vendors. Let your culinary adventure begin!
- Little pecks
- Enjoy delicious hash (potatoes, feta, chickpeas, onion and herbs)- Alternative offerings for dairy free guests, available with advance notice.
- The Whistling Kettle
- Tea and Scone Tasting, learn about tea’s and scones, their connection to Troy’s history as you sample high quality black tea and scone different teas.
- Enjoy award winning Chef Marla’s Reuben slider and a signature salad. Alternative offerings for vegetarians and gluten-free guests, available with advance notice.
- Brown’s Brewing Company
- Experience the first craft brewer in the Capital and among our country’s original 100 craft brewers. Enjoy two different beer sips , paired with Buffalo cauliflower bites.
- The Dutch Udder Craft Ice Cream
- Savor three different tastes of unique crafted flavors, many beer centric, using NY dairy and local produce. GF and dairy free options available.
- Troy Waterfront Farmers’ Market
- End at the all year round market with more than 80 local vendors.
- St. Paul’s Episcopal Church
- Get an insider’s tour of this entire Tiffany designed interior that is on the National Historic Register.
Meet your tour guide alongside of Psychedelicatessan, 275 River Street, two blocks from the parking garage and diagonally across from Monument Square.