Taste Albany’s rapidly evolving culinary scene by exploring the food print of this historic city on the west bank of the Hudson River!
Central Troy Historic District Food Tour
- Adult Ages 13+
- Child Ages 12 and under
- Private Groups Minimum of 5 tickets must be purchased
Troy is a Foodie Destination – Discover Why
Rediscover this 200+ year-old gem of a city as you experience the vibrant culinary scene surrounding Troy’s year-round farmers’ market. It’s perfect for foodies, friends and family, locals, and out-of-towners.
- 7+ tastings, bites & sips, including 2 from different Farmer’s Market vendors.
- Discover New York’s historic connection with craft brewing and how it has returned to flourish.
- Get an insider’s introduction to the number one tourist draw in Troy – the year round, 22 year old Troy Waterfront Farmer’s Market!
- After the tour, there will still be time to shop at the Farmer’s Market and explore the eclectic shops in Downtown Troy.
- Food tastings provide enough for brunch/lunch.
- Vegetarian and some gluten-free options available.
- Our tours take place in rain or shine. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes for walking.
- This tour is for all fitness levels and best for older children through adults.
- Tours run most Saturdays from the end of April through October, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm.
- Gift certificates are available.
- There is a beer tasting and GF, non-alcoholic alternatives are available with advance notice.
- Free parking available in Troy on Saturdays – both on the street and in parking garages.
Put on your walking shoes for an entertaining and delicious way to learn about Troy, its ups and downs, and the role food is playing in bringing this architectural gem back to life. You’ll sip and sample some tastes from 4 different restaurants and from 2 different market vendors. Of course, we will sprinkle in history, architecture, and culture to round out your perfect Saturday in the Collar City.
Currently all public tours have the option to be private, with the minimum booking of 5 guests and maximum is 10 guests. Public tours, limited to 10 guests, are also available.
We meet outside our first taste stop, DeFazio’s Pizzeria 266 4th St. Troy NY 12180 . Our Central Troy Historic District Food Tour is a leisurely 3 hour, 1.5 mile walk with frequent refreshing and informative stops along the way, so it’s suited for most ages and fitness levels. We end at Brown’s Brewing Co, and there will be plenty of time for you to further explore the many vendors at the Troy Waterfront Farmers’ Market on your way back to your car. Let your culinary adventure begin!
Start with breakfast pizza at this 3 generation family business (import grocery store from 1951 and serving wood-fired pizza since 1991) nestled in Troy’s Little Italy and just opened their second location this year, on the west side of the Hudson River in Albany.
Sunhee’s Farm and Kitchen:
Nothing like kimbap rolls with a side of house made kimchi to wake up your taste buds. Sunhee’s believes it’s passion for food and community, rooted in Korean-American history, culture and identity can be shared with people of all backgrounds.
La Capital Taco:
It doesn’t have to be Tuesday to enjoy Tacos. Yair De La Rosa got his culinary start in his parent’s restaurant in Mexico City. He has lived and worked in NYC, Florida and is now happily located in Troy.
Troy Waterfront Farmers’ Market:
This award winning year round market has been the number 1 tourist draw to Troy for the past 22 years. We will get some inside scoop from the market manager’s team, pick up tastes from 2 different vendors ( Maynare Farms and Parchment Baking Company) as we make our way through the busy market along the Hudson River.
Brown’s Brewing Company:
Experience the first craft brewer in the Capital Region (open since 1993) and among our country’s original 100 craft brewers. Enjoy two different beer sips, paired with Buffalo cauliflower bites.
Meet your tour guide outside DeFazio’s Pizzeria 266 4th St. Troy NY 12180. Please arrive at 10 am to sign in and start on time.
We will be following the NYS and CDC guidelines for safety of our guests, partners and tour guides. Guests will be asked for proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID test no more than 72 hours old prior to tour date, NYS residents can download the Excelsior Pass app that allows this information to be easily scanned. All guests are expected to bring masks with them for use as needed. Guests are asked to bring a bottle of water. Hand sanitizer will be available if needed.