Explore South Troy through all your senses: taste delicious food and drink, hear about Troy’s history, see its architectural gems and feel its vibrancy.
- Adult Ages 13+
- Child Ages 12 and under
Start your weekend in Albany right!
Taste Albany’s rapidly evolving culinary scene by exploring the food print of this historic city on the west bank of the Hudson River! It’s perfect for foodies, Albany tourists, locals, friends and family, celebrating a birthday or bachelorette party, book club, etc. Guests need to be able to walk/roll 1.5 miles and stand for 5 – 10 minutes at a time.
- 6 tastes and sips that represent Albany’s culinary and craft brewing scene.
- Discover New York’s historic connection with craft brewing and how it has returned to flourish.
- Get an insider’s introduction to one of the oldest churches in New York and discover where some of the famous congregants sat.
- Learn where key symbols of this legacy city are located and how they reflect Albany’s rich history.
- Vegetarian and gluten-free options available.
- Food tastings provide a progressive lunch.
- Our tours take place rain or shine! Wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather.
- This tour is for most fitness levels and best for adults.
- Tours run Fridays from May through end of October, 1:30 pm.
- Gift certificates are available.
- There is beer tasting and alternatives available for GF and non-drinkers, with advance notice.
- Paid parking is available in the lot behind Albany Pump Station.
Put on your walking shoes for an entertaining and delicious way to experience Albany. New York’s Capital City for 320+ years, is undergoing a culinary and craft brewing boom. You’ll sip and sample from restaurants that are spicing up Albany’s food scene. Discover stunning architecture and cultural tidbits that will help you develop a fresh perspective on New York’s capital city. Each Friday, we sprinkle in history, architecture and culture to kick off your weekend in the Capital District. Bring your appetite and your friends and family, to celebrate this great legacy city and let your culinary adventure begin!
Your tour guide will greet you at the Discover Albany Visitors Center, 25 Quackenbush Square, located at the corner of Broadway and Clinton Ave. Albany, NY 12207. We meet at 1:30 and our first taste will be at 1:40 pm. Our tour highlights 6 tastes from different local restaurants, some history of Albany, architectural accents and culture. Our tour lasts 3.25 hours and we walk about 1.5 miles, with plenty of rests during our tastes. End with a toast to the weekend to kick it off on a positive note.
Albany Pump Station
C.H. Evans Brewing Company, a family business that got its start brewing beer in 1786 in Hudson and have been in this historic building since 1999.
First Church of Albany
Oldest church in Albany, on National Register of Historic Places since 1974. Second oldest church in NYS.
Modern Mexican street food. Encompass food-laughter-love in this hip setting.
The Hollow Bar and Kitchen
Hip spot in an historic Albany building with seasonal American tapas and main dishes, rotating craft beers and live music. Yum describes it well!
Stacks Espresso Bar
Cool place for your hot beverage paired with Cider Belly’s doughnuts.
Olde English Pub
A perfect ending, in the 2nd oldest building in Albany. A neighborhood pub, with strong British influences in beverages and menu items, with a beautiful garden.
Meet your tour guide outside the Albany Visitor’s Center,located at the corner of Broadway and Clinton Ave. just past the Albany Pump Station. Public parking is available in the lot behind the Visitors Center via Spencer Street. As you drive down Broadway, turn onto Spencer St. and the first right (cobblestone street) towards the Albany Pump Station. Easy access off from Route 90 and 787. Parking is a dollar an hour, with a maximum fee of $6. For GPS, use 683 Broadway the Olde English Pub.