Taste Albany’s rapidly evolving culinary scene by exploring the food print of this historic city on the west bank of the Hudson River!
- Adult Ages 13+
- Child Ages 12 and under
Taste your way through Central Troy!
Venture beyond the Central Troy Historic District. Taste some of the ethnic restaurants in South Troy and sip some wines from our region.
- Experience Troy’s Little Italy and one of the only remaining original Mom & Pop businesses from the 1950s.
- Get to try the one iconic food from the Capital Region while sipping on a craft brew at The Ruck, which just celebrated its 20th year.
- Sample tastes from 3 of the different ethnic restaurants spicing up Troy’s foodie scene.
- Sip some wines from our Ghent vineyard, The Hudson-Chatham winery, which conveniently has a storefront on Troy’s River Street.
- Get exposed to more hidden Troy treasures – more Tiffany windows, oldest female academic institution in the country and more.
- Arrive a bit early, put a cooler in your car and still get to shop the number 1 people’s choice farmers’ market.
- Vegetarian and gluten-free options available.
- Food tastings provide a progressive lunch.
- Our tours take place rain or shine! Wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather.
- This tour is for most fitness levels and best for adults.
- Tours run Fridays from May through end of October, 1:30 pm.
- Gift certificates are available.
- There is beer tasting and alternatives available for GF and non-drinkers, with advance notice.
- Paid parking is available in the lot behind Albany Pump Station.
Your tour guide will greet you outside our first taste stop, Quang’s Vietnamese Bistro at 88 3rd St, Troy, NY 12180. After registration and a brief introduction, we will have our first taste. Each taste stop lasts about 20 minutes, almost all the venues have rest rooms. We then walk to our next stop, our longest walk between any taste stop is 15 minutes. We end our tour in the Central Troy Historic District, right near Monument Square.
This new tour will be offered only once a month from May – October. Guests are encouraged to come early with a cooler in the car, to shop the amazing Troy Waterfront Market (hours 9-2), since this tour ends when the market is over.
Quang’s Vietnamese Bistro
Troy’s first Vietnamese restaurant. Winner of the 8th annual Sammy award for the 2020 Restaurant of the Year.
Celebrating 20 years in Troy, a bar devoted to craft beers and serves the one iconic dish for the Capital Region (it is a taste on the tour.)
This family restaurant started in the 1950’s as a Mom & Pop ethnic market in Troy’s Little Italy. In the 1980’s, son Rocco added on the wood fired pizzeria. The rest is history.
This cozy bistro, tucked away in South Troy serves up Cuban-Spanish American Cuisine. They are know for their breakfasts/brunch and are only open on weekends. A gathering place.
Hudson-Chatham Winery in Troy
This store front on River Street, is the third location for the Ghent winery. They love the vibe of Troy and sharing their local wines with the Capital Region.
Second Scoop Gelato
Founded in August 2019, this newest dessert option in Troy is driven by quality and innovation.. They share space with the Placid Baker, offering monthly seasonal & daily flavors
Due to the Saturday Troy Farmers’ Market, parts of River Street, Broadway and 2nd Street are blocked off. There is free parking in any of the parking garages: Uncle Sam’s Atrium Garage (entrance on 3rd St.), Fifth Street garage (1713 5th Ave, Troy, NY 12180) or State Street Garage (189-191 River Street.) There is also free street parking. If coming North on 787, consider taking the South Troy exit and find parking along 2nd street – near the Sage Campus or the Troy Public Library.